Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How Many Dishes Can You Fit Into A Bathtub?

So we bought this old house to refurbish and decided to redo the kitchen first. The old kitchen cabinets were taken out on July 26 and the new ones put in that day and the next day. Due to changing the location of the sink we had to special order counter tops (along with re-plumbing the whole house). Well without counter tops I have no sink and without a sink (or a dishwasher) I can't do dishes.

So what's a girl to do for 6 weeks without a sink. Use the bathtub. Unfortunately the only bathtub in the house is upstairs.

Here's the routine. A laundry basket sits on the cabinet where the sink would be. That is where the dirty dishes go. When I'm ready I carry that upstairs to the bathroom. I have another basket to put the clean dishes in and a big stuffed bear to kneel on. It really works out quite well and is really making me appreciate the new kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. I bet your new kitchen will be amazing and I can't wait to see pictures of it! Way to make do with what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can laugh about this as much as you are allowing us to laugh! This is crazy funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Crazy fun until I can't find any spoons for pudding because they are all at the bottom of the clean basket upstairs in the bathroom!:)

    ReplyDelete