Friday, August 13, 2010

Truly God's Country

When we decided to move up here I Googled Crookston to see if I could find some pictures to show me what we were getting ourselves into. All I could find were pictures of flat, empty fields with snow blowing across them. I was a bit scared and sad that there didn't seem to be any scenery. Well, that is not at all true. Crookston has one of the cutest down towns I have ever seen. There is so much history here. I did my best to get some pictures but it is really hard for me to truly capture the beauty of this town.

This picture was taken during Crazy Days in July just outside my favorite store, Willow & Ivy. They are a mixture of antiques and boutique type stuff. They are in the old fire and police station. Across from Willow & Ivy is Widman's Candy Shop. They have been run by the same family and in the same location for almost 100 years. (I will try and get pictures of inside the candy shop soon).
Oof-da Taco is a food wagon that shows up in different locations downtown during the summer. We have not tried one (every time we see it we have just eaten) but to walk by it smells wonderful.
Just outside of town, no matter which way you drive, there are many farms. The scenery is amazing! Yes, in the winter they are empty, flat and blowing snow but in the summer they are just beautiful.
Another amazing crop out here is sunflowers. I have always taken for granted that sunflower seeds just show up in bags in the store. I never really gave much thought as to where they were grown. They are grown here. Thousand and thousands of acres of sunflowers. The smell is just as amazing as the field itself.






2 comments:

  1. I want to run with an oofda taco through the sunflower field! Hey your pictures are bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures! Beautiful town you have there. I love how much more often you are posting! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete