Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baby Steps

Christianity is like baby steps. For me it seems like it has been 36 years of baby steps. Sometimes it seems like it is two baby steps forward and one giant, adult size 12 step back.

I am so thankful that God is patient, gracious, loving and kind. Even when, in the tiny little corner of my mind, the part that I sometimes don't like to admit is there, I get frustrated. Wondering where God is when I "want" him. Wondering when it is going to be MY turn. But that does not mean that God is not there. Just because I want it does not mean that God wants it for me.

When I was a kid I wanted to eat frosting for dinner. That was not what was best for me. My parents made me eat veggies and fruit because they knew that was what was best. God knows whats best for me. It may never be my turn and that is fine. God will provide what I need. As long as I give up control to him my life will be so much better!

2 comments:

  1. It took me forever to accept that my Heavenly Father still loves me and wants me to be happy even when I don't get what I want when I want it. You are so right: the Lord does know when and what is best for us. Sometimes He is waiting for us to ask for the blessings He wants to give us, and sometimes He is waiting for us to be ready for them. Either way, I've learned that almost as soon as I turn anything over to the Lord, He helps me to accept the outcome, whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and some times He trows you a donut to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete