Friday, May 21, 2010

Bedtime Stories

Some nights when I was little my mom would sit in the hall outside me and my siblings rooms and read to us. A couple years ago I tried reading a chapter book to the girls. When they saw that there were no pictures they were a bit disappointed. I explained to them that they could use their imaginations and make their own pictures. They were good for a couple nights but they just didn't really get into it.

About 2 weeks ago I finished reading "Percy Jackson - The Sea Of Monsters". Ada started asking me questions about it and so I decided to use it as a bribe to get them into bed on time. I told them that if they got into bed on time I would read a couple pages to them. It worked. Two weeks later and they are still hooked. They lay in bed with their little heads hanging over the edge watching me. Every day Em comes up to me after dinner and says, "If we get right into bed are you going to read to us?" I love that I can finally share this with them!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I remember mom reading to us! it's crazy how comforting it is even as an adult!

    ReplyDelete