Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Homesick - Sometimes You Just Have To Cry It Out

April 8, 2010
Just yesterday I said to Kelly, "I don't think I am going to be homesick at all." I figured that having so much time to disconnect myself from Monticello and prepare for moving I would be fine. NOT TRUE! Today it hit. Hard! And just like I used to tell the girls when they missed daddy, "Sometimes you just have to cry it out." I know that after a few tears, maybe a day or two (or six) and getting settled into my house I will be fine.

Everything starts to hit. Big things like missing my family and friends, missing a wonderful church and school to silly things like missing my cutting board in my old kitchen. I miss my silly boring routine. I miss the way my house smelled, the sounds of my neighborhood. Up here things are so different. I know that I just have to get used to it and it will become home. I will find a new routine. I will make new smells in my house. I will get used to a new cutting board. It will all work out. God did not send us up here just to leave us alone and make us find our own way. As long as I trust Him, he will help me make this home. And, yes, even with His help, sometimes you just have to cry it out.

1 comment: