Saturday, April 10, 2010

My First Visit To Crookston

The first time I was able to visit Crookston was in late November 2009. The first snow had just fallen and everything was fresh and white. My first thought as we drove into town was it reminded me of a Norman Rockwell painting. It was so cute. I loved the old buildings downtown. All over town were the cutest old houses. Such character. I wanted to stay right then. Make this my home and just start this new life. I couldn't wait.

Then reality set in when I got back home. I was leaving my comfort zone. I was leaving my friends and family. What was I doing? This was crazy! There was still time to stop it, right?

The next morning I felt better. I could do this. This was for my family. An adventure that we would talk about the rest of our lives. I don't ever want my kids to think that they have to stay where everyone else tells them their safe. I want to instill in them that there is other life out there and they don't just have to dream about it. They can actually live it. Life is too short not to have an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment