Saturday, April 10, 2010

My First Thought

When Kelly first came to me with this crazy idea I thought, "No way". I had no reason to leave Monticello. I loved the schools my kids went to. I loved my church and my friends. No matter how much any of them drove me crazy, I loved being close to family. The last thing I wanted to do was leave my comfortable life and go into the unknown. Not only the unknown but also a business that we knew nothing about.

One day after trying to figure out how I could talk Kelly out of this I realized that it was not my decision to make. For years I had been trying to tell God what I wanted. I realized that it was time for me to let go and let God make the decision. If this was what He wanted for us then it would happen. If not, God would close the door. Realizing that took such a weight off my shoulders.

If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment