Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moving

Well the day finally came for us to move and it was such a bittersweet day. My friend Karen and her husband and oldest daughter along with my dad came to help Kelly and I pack up the truck. I surprisingly kept it together during all of the loading and even the drive up. I was very proud of myself! My dad followed us up to Crookston for the weekend and to help with anything we needed moved into the house. The girls were at my mother-in-laws until that Saturday and then they all came up as well. I loved having everyone here but at the same time I just wanted to start getting used to my "new normal". Kelly had been away from the family for the better part of 3 months and we just wanted to be a family again and could not wait to start.

We had originally planned on moving right into the house and getting the floors redone at a later time. Then the week before we moved up Kelly found a guy that could do the floors at a reasonable price and get them done that weekend. Besides, we had 17 rooms to choose from at the motel. So we didn't get to move right in. We were together and that is all the mattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment